Doughty House


Doughty House photo of Doughty House
Built about 1865 this oldest remaining house in Mt. Pleasant was purchased by Wilkinson Doughty in 1869. An early hardware and dry goods merchant, Doughty was a town trustee and a founder of Central Michigan Normal School, now Central Michigan University. A carefully preserved example of balloon frame pioneer architecture, the house has remained in the family since Doughty's death in 1909. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.
 

Registered Site L0223
Erected 1975

Location: 301 Chippewa Street
Mount Pleasant, Isabella County

Topics:
Colleges and Universities
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.606244 W84.774078
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.