Davenport House


Davenport House photo of Davenport House
This handsome two-and-a-half story residence, constructed in 1875, was the home of William H. Davenport (1826 - 1909), prominent Saline citizen. In 1851, Davenport entered into a partnership with H. J. Miller in a general store. He bought out Miller's interest in 1853 and became a leading city merchant. Later, Davenport started a private bank in 1885. Since 1902 this bank has been known as the Citizens' Bank of Saline. Well-known Detroit architect William Scott designed Davenport's elegant Second Empire home, built at a cost of $8,500.
 

Registered Site L0210
Erected 1979

Location: 300 East Michigan Avenue
Saline, Washtenaw County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.168764 W83.776823
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.