Ketchum Park


Ketchum Park photo of Ketchum Park
In 1831, Sidney and George Ketchum located here on Rice Creek. This first settlement in Marshall consisted of a water-powered sawmill and log cabins. Until the twentieth century this was an important industrial area, containing at various times a malt house, plow foundry, and flour mill. The later was in operation until 1960. Ketchum Park is now a memorial to the first settlers of Marshall.
 

Registered Site L0198
Erected 1972

Location: South Marshall Street at Montgomery
Marshall, Calhoun County

Topics:
Parks


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.2672581 W84.9539494
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.