Linden Mills


Linden Mills photo of Linden Mills
The Linden Mills were a vital source of this village's economic growth. The first mill, located on land granted to Consider Warner, was used to cut lumber. From 1845-1850 Seth Sadler and Samuel W. Warren, local residents, erected both a saw and grist mill. Operating along with the earlier facility, this complex was called the Linden Mills. The grist mill continued to function for over a century until the machinery was dismantled and sold at auction in 1956. The village then purchased the building for municipal offices and a public Library.
 

Registered Site L0160
Erected 1979

Location: Tincknor St.
Linden, Genesee County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.8154805 W83.7811964
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.