Robert W. Graham Home


Robert W. Graham Home photo of Robert W. Graham Home
In 1873 Robert W. Graham designed and built this Italianate structure as a two family residence. A native of England, Graham settled in Lowell in 1858. Here he worked as a brick mason, a farmer and a merchant. Graham's son Ernest, an architect, designed notable buildings in Chicago; Washington D.C.; New York City; Cleveland and London. The Graham house was deeded to the city in 1954. In 1922 the public library was moved into its west wing. The east wing became the headquarters of the local YMCA in 1960.
 

Registered Site L0126
Erected 1982

Location: 323 West Main Street
Lowell, Kent County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.933792 W85.341002
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.