Our Saviour's Lutheran Church


Our Saviour's Lutheran Church photo of Our Saviour
Organized as a Scandinavian congregation in 1868, Our Saviour's became a Danish church in 1875 and served the American Evangelical Lutheran Synod until 1962. First used for worship in 1869, the building escaped damage in the Fire of 1871 and was completed with the addition of the tower in 1888. Danish architectural features are present, particularly the weathervane-topped spire, and the Danish language was used in services until mid-twentieth century. Our Saviour's is now a museum of Danish life in America.
 

Registered Site L0119
Erected 1972

Location: 300 Walnut
Manistee, Manistee County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N44.243875 W86.320504
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.