Ann Arbor Railroad


Ann Arbor Railroad photo of Ann Arbor Railroad
Howell raised $20,000 in 1885 to induce the Toledo, Ann Arbor & Northern Michigan to enter the town. Many believed the town, already served by one railroad, would boom with a second line. Early in 1886 a right-of-way dispute erupted between workmen of the two lines. The case was mediated in favor of the TAA&NM, and in the summer of 1886 this depot was built. The line was renamed the Ann Arbor Railroad in 1895.
 

Registered Site L0094
Erected 1971

Location: 126 Wetmore Street
Howell, Livingston County

Topics:
Transportation


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.609418000 W83.92949044
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.