Ebenezer Reformed Church


Ebenezer Reformed Church photo of Ebenezer Reformed Church
Members of the First Reformed Church in Holland founded this congregation in 1866 to provide a place of worship for the settlers living southeast of town. Heavy immigration from the Netherlands prompted this move. The Dutch language was used exclusively at first, some services in Dutch continued until 1937. Three buildings have been used for worship; the first church, dedicated in 1867 was destroyed by fire in 1883 . Replaced immediately by a second structure, the third and present house of worship was dedicated in 1964.
 

Registered Site L0077
Erected 1979

Location: 5166 Ottogan St.
Holland, Allegan County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.768281298 W86.05869770
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.