Wallaceville School


Wallaceville School photo of Wallaceville School
Constructed in 1824 as a church, the original log building on this site was the first school in Bucklin (later Dearborn) Township. In 1829 the building became the public school. When John B. Wallace donated the land and building to the school district, the school was named after him. The building burned in 1876, and was replaced by this brick structure. The building was used only intermittently after 1938, and in 1966 the City of Dearborn Heights converted it into a museum.
 

Registered Site L0067
Erected 1967

Location: 8050 North Gulley
Dearborn Heights, Wayne County

Topics:
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.3485102 W83.2893705
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.