Pioneer Cemetery


Pioneer Cemetery photo of Pioneer Cemetery
This township cemetery began in 1870 with the purchase of the land from William and Rosina Dommer, by Daniel E. Fries, Herman Dommer, B. F. Chappell and William M. Webster officers of Grant Township. Stages on the Tawas-Manistee line passed these grounds over the Iosco & Ogemaw State Road. One of the stagecoach stops was the Sand Lake House, one and one-half miles to the east. This marker commemorates not only the old highway and the cemetery, but also the many unmarked graves of early settlers.
 

Registered Site L0033
Erected 1963

Location: Old State Rd west of Sand Lake Rd.
Grant Township, Iosco County

Topics:
Cemeteries


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N44.3140035 W83.6951404
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.