Botsford Inn


Botsford Inn photo of Botsford Inn
This historic inn, the oldest in Michigan still providing food and lodging, was built as a home in 1836 by Orin Weston. In 1841 it was converted into a tavern by Stephen Jennings. Known as the Sixteen Mile House, it was the stagecoach stop here in Clarenceville on the Grand River plank road that followed an Indian trail that went on to Lake Michigan.
 

Registered Site HB24
Erected 1963

Location: 28000 Grand River Road at Eight Mile
Farmington Hills, Oakland County

Topics:
Hotels and Inns


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.4435319 W83.3232843
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.