Biddle House


Biddle House photo of Biddle House
This house is probably the oldest on the island. Parts of it may date from 1780. A deed to the property upon which a $100 down payment was made in 1822 by Edward Biddle was obtained by him in 1827 from the then owner. Biddle was a cousin of the Biddles of Philadelphia and a leading trader and citizen. For years he lived here with his Indian wife. The house is an example of the Quebec rural style. It is listed in the Historic American Buildings Survey and was restored by the Michigan Society of Architects and the building industry in 1959.
 

Registered Site HB02
Erected 1960

Location: Market Street
Mackinac Island, Mackinac County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N45.850587243 W84.61794376
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2016 James Brennan. All rights reserved.